Ficklish Blog

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Hi. Hello. Elderly. A little drunk.

HI! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY!

(I originally typed that as 'birthda' , which I think has a certain ring to it.)

I have had a lovely day. I had breakfast with The People's Champion and Rip van Winkle, I spoke to some most excellent folks from home. I went to work, where I managed to not only meet but exceed my monthly performance target (yay, not getting sacked!). I had lunch with some work friends at a pub owned by an Australian woman with the best name of all time: Roxy Beaujolais. Rock and roll.

Tonight I went for dinner with the aforementioned TPC and RVW, together with Dr Evil and Madam Fox. When I say 'dinner', I meant 'cocktails'. I mean, we did have dinner - at an excellent Moroccan restaurant - but given that I had three mojitos before we even considered adjourning for food, my birthday had been well and truly celebrated already. The lovely Lady Thommo joined us for dinner, and we drank red wine and made Shroud of Turin jokes and had ourselves a time.

I miss you guys. I have stories to tell: the wedding was lovely and my departure from Sydney heartbreaking. The jet lag sucked in a major way, but it was worth it. Since then, there have been many amusing moments, which I will share as soon as possible. We had our housewarming on the weekend and we lit the town afire. Also, there are photos, and that's the only way to tell a story about tarts.

None of this makes any sense, but I've had a lot of wine. And mojitos. Drunky posting is fun. I will write more, I just wanted to let you know that I'm thinking of you all.

I have commenced my thirtieth year. It's going to be spectacular. And I'm thinking Shanghai for February 27, 2008. Who's up for it?

7 Comments:

Blogger Worlds Worst Footy Tipper said...

I had a hilarous comment but the editors of this site decided I was not pc enough for their family first agenda (hello grandma) but please join me in the anti Ficklish movement by joining APF and I at the anti JLo party on 27 Feb 2009, to be held in Tugin- for all those who were not invited to the 21st. (our motto is "the D Bar sucks anyway"!

12:05 AM  
Blogger jLo said...

You forgot to close your brackets.

12:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I was soooo waiting for the drunken birthday post. Clockwork, jLo - and thats why love and miss you so!

2:05 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I too was not invited to the "D Bar" all those years ago, I'm still hurting from that snub. Tell me, who the fuck did go that night... ?

8:13 AM  
Blogger Veggie Friendly said...

Wild horses couldn't keep me away from Shanghai come Feb 27 next year (unless, of course, you elect another venue). Happy birthday J-LO.

8:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

JLo! I totally forgot to wish you Happy Birthday earlier today....and after my supreme efforts last year where I sent your pressie 2 weeks early....shame on me. Anyway - Happy Belated Birthday!

9:51 AM  
Blogger jLo said...

Thanks you guys - and for those still feeling snubbed, EIGHT YEARS ON, let me say this: the vast majority of those who were at the D Bar have been unceremoniously cut. IS THAT REALLY WHAT YOU WANT?

7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home