Ficklish Blog

Saturday, December 09, 2006

Hiatus

Hello, you guys. It really is inexcusable that I haven't been around here for more than a week, especially after promising that I would mend my slack ways.

However! I have logistical issues. I am in an internet cafe right now, which does not make me very happy. Here is why: firstly, we have, as yet, no internet in our new flat. Despite it being the first thing I tried to organise, apparently we won't have it until at least the end of next week but more likely sometime the next. Guh. I am finding this very tiresome.

Secondly, my prolific November blogging has had an unforeseen and unfortunate consequence: I have been officially cautioned at work for my internet usage. I wasn't using it THAT much, but the policy is strict and I broke it. Given that I am reasonably serious about keeping this job, I am now seeking to overcompensate by refraining from net usage entirely. Again, this is very tiresome. RVW pastes news stories into emails and sends them to my work address so that I can keep up with what's going on in the world. I hope none of you have been eaten by a bushfire.

In other news, all is well. The flat is coming together, slowly but surely, and we are hosting a Christmas dinner tonight as several of our friends are about to depart for the holidays. I have tinsel and an uber-tacky Secret Santa gift, RVW is doing the roast. I'm excited.

And here's the best bit: my little brother has arrived in London! The People's Champion, as he will be known until he lets me know what he would like his pseudonym to be, landed at the crack of dawn on Wednesday to begin his working holiday adventure. It is very lovely to have him here. I am being predictably annoying with the 'and another thing you need to know about London is...', but he's taking it in his stride so far. Talk to y'all again soon.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

Ah that sucks mate. Don't they know you were using the Internet for very important business?

PS Hi The People's Champion!

1:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas J-lo!! I hope that you are enjoying plenty of Christmas cheer (as I am - although I am seriously regretting the 5 pints that I had at Filthy's yesterday afternoon before heading off to yet more Christmas drinks). Have a fabulous festive season, and I shall look forward to Ficklish-2007! SS.

4:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home