Ficklish Blog

Monday, January 15, 2007

Hooray for Capricorns!

Today, January 15, is a very special day. It is John Chilembwe Day in Malawi, Korean Alphabet Day in North Korea, Martin Luther King Day in the United States and Pongal in Tamil Nadu. It is the anniversary of the day the British Museum opened in 1759 and the day that construction on the world’s largest office building, the Pentagon, was completed in 1943.

(Thank you, wiki).

It is also J,The’s birthday. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, J,The!

It’s something of a milestone birthday, this one, and when I spoke with her this morning J,The said she feels very comfortable, as though the age she has been meant to be for some time has finally arrived.

jLo: “You wear it well”.

J,The: "This is true."

And so it is.

Many of you are more than familiar with the awesomeness that is J, The. For those of you that aren't, well, cross your fingers that you will chance upon her one day. She is the most spectacular person we have ever met – and she really should take me more seriously than she does when I say things like that.

I have a collection of J,The quotes that I carry with me, and I found one this morning when I was leafing through an old notebook. I thought I’d throw it up here in case it is illuminating for anyone else as well.

It doesn’t have to be perfect to be good.

-- J, The, 2006

I hope you had a most excellent day, lovey. See you soon!

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'll add another cool J,The quote to the list. This one came out during a game of Pictionary while down the coast on her birthday weekend:

It's a noun and a verb. But more like a noun.

12:18 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Thanks JLo. The best confirmation of my worthiness of love is the people who love me :-)

Happy J,The Day, everybody !!

2:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday J, The!!!

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home