Ficklish Blog

Monday, January 01, 2007

Happy New Year

This was the most peaceful New Year of my life. I had a reasonably large Saturday night and had to send my apologies to the party I had planned to attend last night. The last night of 2006 was spent very quietly, and I finally achieved that elusive hangover-free New Year’s Day. It felt great.

I’ve made my resolutions, and am feeling pretty good about the prospect of a brand new year.

It was a beautiful sunny day today - cold and clear. TPC and I had a picnic in Regent’s Park, then went for a long walk through the gardens and along the canal to Camden Lock. We spent an hour in a second-hand bookstore, then came home and cooked a roast for dinner. As I write, RVW is chopping vegetables to add to the leftover chicken bones, which he is planning to simmer slowly overnight so that we may have chicken soup tomorrow. We’re drinking a bottle of lovely French wine that my boss gave me for Christmas and listening to this. Soon, it will be time to cluster around a laptop screen, as my little brother has worked out how to stream the cricket live to his PC. We’ll sit up and watch the first session, then toddle off to bed.

Days don’t come much better than that.

Happy new year, you guys, I hope you had a great one. Here’s to 2007.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again, great to hear that you're having a fantastic time! NYE went by rather quietly here in Canberraland - except for that freakish hailstorm! A hailstorm in January! Who would have thought? Much damage caused in various places (mainly Tuggeranong) while the Inner North would have been almost oblivious to it had the news not told us how bad it was.
It doesn't feel like the New Year at all. It's much too cold. I wish it would warm up a bit.
Good to hear from you again.
AZ.

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home