Ficklish Blog

Thursday, November 23, 2006

Hooray for Cricket and Hot Priest Action

Good gracious, I’m weary. It’s been quite a week. After a crazily busy week at work and a series of accidentally large (but very enjoyable) evenings, sitting up to watch the cricket last night has tipped me over the edge of ordinary, everyday weariness into a pathetic whimpering zombified mess.

But it was ever so fun! There’s only a handful of pubs staying open late here to show the matches, but thankfully there was one within walking distance from Dr Evil’s lair so RVW and I toddled along there at about 11pm. I was very excited, as you can probably imagine, although I confess the wide establishing shots of the Gabba and the blue Queensland sky made me a wee bit homesick. You know you’re in trouble when you’re getting misty at the dulcet tones of Ian Healy. It didn’t help that I knew my brothers were right there, and I scanned each crowd shot carefully to see if they were making a proper spectacle of themselves – although to be honest, I didn’t need globally televised evidence to know they would be doing just that.

I had a lovely time and am very glad I sat up for it. A quiet pint or two, some friendly banter with the assembled Englishers, hilarious text conversations with folks at home, an excellent evening all round. I’m paying for it now.

In other news, my addled, sleep-deprived brain is currently distracted by a wonderful new addition to my cubicle décor here in the office. The lovely Lady K, who has spent the last few months jet-setting all over the world, stopped in today to have lunch with me and to present me with an excellent gift: a Men of the Vatican 2007 calendar. Picture it: 12 months of strapping young priesty eye-candy, all gazing soulfully at me as I sit at my computer and lust quietly after their dog collars and fancy hats. It’s exceptional. Especially Mr July.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

Straight to hell.

You have no idea how uncomfortable that makes me, ex-Catholic that I am!

3:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home