Ficklish Blog

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Alive and Brilliant

I´m not even sure what to say, folks. I´ve just spent the most amazing four days in Amsterdam with a thoroughly remarkable new friend. I don´t think I knew it was possible to have that much fun.*

Seriously, you guys, he made me laugh so hard that a couple of times I swear I thought I was going to die.

I´ve been high for four days, and the comedown is kicking my ass.

(The drugs weren´t bad, either... ;)

It´s a lovely bittersweet story that I might try to tell you one day if you ask nicely. I´m doing great, I promise - a little overwhelmed but mostly just really, really glad that all this is happening to me. I left home because I was tired of nothingness, now I feel anything (everything) but numb.

I flew back into Barcelona, and it´s weird to be back to square one when these last couple of weeks have been so full on. I´m not sure what I´m going to do next. My friends in Valencia are clamouring for my return, I have an invitation to go to learn to dive on Mallorca, and I still haven´t been to freaking Granada. I think I´m craving the familiar at the moment, so it might be back to Valencia for a day or two to make up my mind.

* Totally innocent, get your mind out of the gutter. God! I can´t believe the things you think of me.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You dodged the question, jLo. So here it is again:

Did you score? And how many times?

11:10 PM  
Blogger jLo said...

Well, Ed, there was the dodgy trippy weed on the first night, then we bought a shitload of this really lovely mellow hash on the second day that lasted us well through the weekend.

So, twice, I guess. :)

(PS. Any other answers you seek were in the previous post.)

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You crack my shit up, jLo.

Good to hear it's all going well, dude. You're making a lot of people jealous over here.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

Best of luck my friend. A funny thing - who would have thunk, a few weeks ago, Valencia would be where you would end up when craving the familiar. Good on you. So glad you are over there, feeling all the stuff you are capable of. Lotsalove.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home