Ficklish Blog

Saturday, March 18, 2006

Frozen

Hello, all. I don't actually have much to report at present - given that everything exciting starts on Monday, but I thought I would check in anyways in case you thought perhaps I was dead.

I am not.

I am close to frozen, but I remain alive thus far. I hate to be all 'wow, how about the weather' all the time, but seriously folks: it is DAMN COLD. It snowed yesterday morning - not much and not for long, but still. This is much worse than I remember.

Thankfully, as of Monday lunchtime I will be in Barcelona, where CNN informs me it is a balmy 14 degrees at present.

(I'm doomed.)

Thankfully, I am now far better equipped for my Spanish adventure than I was before, thanks to my lovely friends and your very helpful suggestions in the comments to the entry below. You will be extremely pleased to note that I am now capable, when the need arises, to inquire as to where I might purchase a false moustache for my dog.

Let me tell you, that is quite a relief.

London remains fun. I have marked the solemn occasion of the Festival of St Patrick with the customary pints of Guinness in a warm toasty pub. I have walked the streets in the freezing wind and wished fervently for a balaclava. I have adopted a faux English accent so as to be better understood in ticket queues and at my local off-licence. I have spent approximately one million dollars acquiring various cable attachments from the Apple store so as to be able to use my iPod and camera while on holiday.

(Nice to know some experiences - such as donating all one's funds to Apple - are universal).

And so that's about it for now. I have decided to leave my laptop in London to lighten my backpack as I meander through Spain, which means that it will be all notebooks and Internet cafes from now on. Unless I can think of something funny to say before I leave, in which case, you'll hear from me as fast as my frozen fingers can type it.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

I am very glad to hear that you are bailing out of London for the warmer climes (for heart and feet) of Spain. I am sure you will be fine without a word of Spanish to your name because you are after all, a child prodigy and a very nice person with excellent hand signalling skills to boot. Also, Spain is part of the EU and they should ALL SPEAK ENGLISH by now, shouldn't they? Enjoy the notebooks. I look forward to a very retro notion- receiving a posted postcard or too - oh how they take me back...

5:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home