Ficklish Blog

Thursday, March 09, 2006

It Begins

So, D for Departure day has finally arrived. The suitcase is groaning under the strain, and has been locked securely in the hope that I can avoid international superstardom of the Schapelle Corby variety.

The funniest part of today so far has been making my brother take me all the way out the international airport a full three hours early (that’ll be that obsessive streak) only to discover that the first leg of my journey is in fact a domestic flight and I don’t need to be there until many hours hence. So I’m now sitting at my brother’s office, feeling like a kid on Go To Work With The Grown-Ups And Play On The Computers Day, until it’s time to trek out to the airport again. Brilliant.

The last few days have been sad and fun. Leaving Melbourne was very hard – you all know how spectacular you are, and I’m only human. Brisbane has been fun and busy – remind me to tell you sometime about going deep sea fishing with my dad (!) – and now it’s time to leave here too.

I’ll write again when I hit the northern hemisphere, and tell you jolly stories about my twenty hours in pressurised tin box. Cross your fingers for me that those over-the-counter sleeping tablets actually work.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You may be in Europe, jLo, but you're missing out on the Commonwealth Games. Your loss.

10:41 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

What a great name for a blog! I wonder who the girl behind the black line could be....

10:43 PM  
Blogger jLo said...

It's a mystery, J comma The. I am an international woman of the mystery.

Ed, I'm sure you're soaking up every moment of Commonwealth Games/Wankfest 2006 excitement.

And Greeny - as soon as I've worked out how to talk into the computer I'll fill your house with noise once more.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home