Ficklish Blog

Saturday, November 11, 2006

I have a way with cardboard.

I need to rush out the door to go and meet Rip van Winkle for a homewares-shopping expedition (life in the fast lane, kids). Before I do, however, Dr Evil has sent some pictures from last Sunday's Guy Fawkes party, and I wanted to share with you my greatest craft creation of the year (not really very many contenders for that title, to be sure):



The campest little Guy you ever did see. We decided his name was actually pronounced Ghee, darlings. Behold his happy grin.

While my friends were delighted with my paper-plate craft stylings, the English people at the party were somewhat confounded.

English people: "What is that hanging in the window?"

jLo: "That's Guy!"

English people: "....What?"

jLo: "You know, traditional, effigy-type thing, for burning purposes."

English people: "That's not a Guy."

jLo: "Sure it is!"

English people: "But it's not... that's not... it doesn't... ARR@#$%! (insert sounds of spluttery frustration here)."

jLo: "Why not? What do you mean? He's an effigy. We're going to burn him."

English people: (wander away, shaking heads in bewilderment).

jLo: Excellent.

1 Comments:

Blogger jLo said...

PS. You will note that I have switched on the comments word verification thingy - the spam just wasn't entertaining enough. Sorry for the inconvenience, kids. 'Tis only a temporary measure until the New Home for Ficklish plan is actioned (stay tuned), so please bear with me.

12:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home