Ficklish Blog

Sunday, November 05, 2006

To Do

My list of tasks for today:

- Shower

- Write something for blog*

- Construct a suitably amusing human figure out of everyday household items for the purposes of conducting a ritual burning at Dr Evil’s Guy Fawkes party tonight.

- Attend said party, drink a not-insignficant amount of alcohol and play with fireworks, as I understand is the custom in these parts on this particular day.

Good list, no?

I’m very much looking forward to the party. Dr Evil is has an endearing streak of pyromania, and has ordered vast quantities of fireworks for our entertainment this evening. I’m a little apprehensive about the combination of alcohol and explosives – but, you know, it’s a cultural experience. Or that's what I'll tell the hospital staff in the event of disaster.

******

* As Ed has shrewdly noticed in the comments to my last update, there has been a somewhat dramatic upswing in my posting regularity over recent days. I’m attempting this (mostly because I’m not yet woman enough for this).

Five days down, twenty-five to go. I was too gutless to actually officially sign up to the nablopomo site, because I fear commitment and remain convinced that I will fail. However! I feel it is a sufficiently noble goal at which to have a decent crack, so stay tuned for many rambly posts about very little.

(Business as usual, then, just more frequent).

******

And because I told her I was going to, I would like to share the following exchange from a conversation I had with J, The today:

J,The: So, I was mentioning to a friend tonight that I think it might be nice to have a love affair sometime soon.

jLo: Oh, nice one! I’ve been thinking along the same lines lately.

J,The: Yeah! And you know what my friend said? She said: “Man or woman?”

jLo: How polite!

J,The: Totally! And so I said, “Thanks for asking! A man, I think. (beat). It would have to be a pretty special woman.”

jLo: Yeah. One with a penis.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

And then I laughed and laughed. jLo, you still got it.

10:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home