Ficklish Blog

Friday, November 03, 2006

Bon voyage

I note that England's Test squad is boarding a plane this evening bound for the Land of Oz.

Talented cricketers they may be, somehow I doubt that any individual member of the England squad is worthy of an attempt on Boonie's record for the flight over.

At any rate: it begins.

I am VERY excited.

Rip van Winkle and I have already held extensive discussions regarding the planning for our First Test party on 23 November 2006. Invitations have been extended only to a carefully chosen few. There will be beer, and singing, and RvW has indicated that he wants to get hold of a sun lamp of some sort so that I can obtain my customary First Day, First Test Sunburn (FDFTS). Apparently it just won't be the same having a beer with me in the lunch break unless I am already glowing pink.

Bon voyage, chaps. In the unlikely event that you manage to defy my expectations and there is actually some cause for celebration upon your return I hereby undertake to attend your victory parade clad only in the Union Jack and post photographic evidence on this public forum.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do realise they sell tickets to matches and you can go the game - were there will be ample sun. - Bill

8:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home