Ficklish Blog

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Sick

I am reaping the consequences of my lifestyle this week, folks, in the shape of a nasty illness that has rendered me bed-bound for two days. I haven’t felt this bad in a really long time. I’m a contractor, dammit, I can’t afford to be sick! Am very cranky, both at the illness itself and the fact that (a) I never got off my arse long enough to register with an NHS doctor, so my only options are insanely expensive private drop-in clinics and (b) I am so disorganised that my travel insurance expired last week. Grr. I am officially an idiot. Look after your health, kids!

As some of you are aware, a good friend of mine, Mr F (I would make up a better pseudonym, but my brain is too fuzzed), moved to London last week. His welcome weekend coincided with the birthday of another friend I can’t think of a good pseudonym for right now, and the ensuing festivities comprised a very unhealthy few days.

It was really, really fun, but holy hell I’m paying for it now.

Welcome to town, Mr F, you live in London, hooray! I’m really glad you’re here. I look forward to many activities of a very clean-living variety, with the high teas and museums and picnics and whatnot. Certainly not crazy parties that last until I stagger home to shower and change on Monday morning before heading to work. Not at all.

Am off to have another mug of Rooibos with honey and lemon. That’ll show you, angry red tonsils!

I hope you are all well.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

Thank you for blogging to tell us jLo. This way we don't have to agonise privately in our own whirlpools of misery, wondering when we might hear from you again. Although maybe this is an excellent time to start posting some of those draft blogs you have been keeping from us, hmmmmm?

2:30 AM  
Blogger jLo said...

Point taken, J,The - this kind of self-indulgence is Just. Not. Good. Enough! I know it, and I'm very sorry. I wanted to mark APF's arrival somehow, and at the moment, he stands for SICKNESS. Something better is in the pipeline, will have it up shortly.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Jackie said...

That was totally not my point. i think your Sick post as good as all your healthy posts. What i am saying is - i want MORE!!! More jLo Yeah!

1:58 AM  
Blogger jLo said...

Heh. Thanks love. You're the best.

There's some more for you, right there. (look up!)

2:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home