Ficklish Blog

Monday, August 21, 2006

Guess What?

I have a job! Finally!

A proper one, I mean, as opposed to these ever-so-enriching temp gigs with the typing and whatnot.

A job!

I start next week. It’s still a fixed term contract, but it pays much better than typing and I don’t have to, you know, type all day. Also! I will get to listen to endless fascinating stories of how members of the public have been wronged, very wronged, and won’t you please fix it?

Sure, Member of the Public. Allow me.

It might suck, of course. I do so love to listen to people whinge all day (some of you may remember jLo Summer Job 2005/6: Attack of Those Who Like To Educate Their Children At Home And How Dare You Try To Stomp All Over Our Way Of Life, You Fascist Whore!). On the other hand, it might be quite cool, we shall see. It’s a job, at any rate. And the idea of being free from job applications, even if only for a few months, is making me quietly giddy.

Hoorah!

3 Comments:

Blogger Jackie said...

Congratulations j-Lo. I think you left out the most exciting part of the news though -
in which j-Lo becomes a limited company and begins to trade on her remarkable name...

2:30 AM  
Blogger jLo said...

Just you wait, the Jackles. That story of jLo Inc is still unfolding and will appear here soon enough...

9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hooray! Congratulations.
I love reading random bits of news from you. You always make it so entertaining. One has to try hard not to burst into laughter - which at work almost always suggests that one is doing what one oughtn't.
Anyway. Good to hear the news.
On another note, in regards to point 5 in post below entitled 'July?' - I may just have some news. I'm concocting a plan, but will email you about it when its a little bit closer to having been concocted.

hope all's well.

AZ.

3:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home