Ficklish Blog

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Festival Pictures

So, in the interests of recording the Festival for posterity, I thought I'd throw a few ridiculous photographs of myself (and some others, apologies in advance) up here.

The Festival kickoff was at a lovely restaurant across the road from the Pickle. I managed to achieve a life-long dream at this dinner by getting to behave in the manner of a game show winner:

The blurriness really gives you a sense of the excitement!

I flew to Oz the next day, and soon after arriving I Officially Turned 30. Here is what I looked like on my 30th birthday:

That's Kapitan Kloss and TPC with me, they are not yet 30. Their time will come.

Here we are at a delightful family dinner hosted by my grandfather:


You'd never guess we were related. Matching chins!

The Kapitan was kind enough to throw me a birthday party the following evening (thanks, Kloss!). I drank many cocktails with lychee liqueur in them. Mmm, lychee liqueur. Once said cocktails had done their work, I insisted that we sing The Gambler:

It was important that everyone sang standing up.

The rest of my trip was utterly delightful, and included a road trip with J,The. Here is a photo of the road trip IN ACTION:


And here we are at Marulan, the Best Truck Stop In All The World:


It really is the Best Truck Stop In All The World. If you think you have one to beat it, please let me know and I will then explain to you the many ways in which you are very wrong.

While spring has (kinda sorta) arrived in London, it's still a long way from sunny here. So to drive myself crazy with the longing, here is a shot of me at Bondi:

How very pasty I have become.

The time then came to return to London. My sadness at leaving Oz was abated somewhat by a fabulous party at the Pickle the weekend after my return. My most excellent flatmate, Frankie (whoops, RVW), made me a birthday cake in the shape of a pickle:


The face was especially delicious.

And with that, we come to the Grand Finale of the Festival of jLo 2008: Westward Ho! The trip of a lifetime! I was so excited I decided to wear my best dressing gown all the way there:

This was taken in Weston-super-Mare. WHAT A TOWN.

I loved everything about Westward Ho!, but mostly the exclamation mark. It was displayed prominently in a number of places, much to my delight:





If you look closely, you will note that each of us is actually shouting 'HO!' as this picture was taken. Wouldn't you?

Our long weekend was full of rambling around the countryside, eating cream teas and sampling the local ales. We did so much of that last one that DJ Ill and I had trouble doing a simple high five:


Sadly, even the best weekends must come to an end. When we got back to London, there was snow:

What a dressing gown! What a Festival. My computer is slow these days, and this post has taken an entire large glass of wine to finish. I hope you are all having a lovely weekend.

4 Comments:

Blogger Worlds Worst Footy Tipper said...

you need to get out more... did you call late last night?

11:30 PM  
Blogger Veggie Friendly said...

What an awesome trip. My you are looking fine at 30!

9:36 AM  
Blogger jLo said...

Hey, thanks KPO! I wish I had a photo of you guys from when I was in Canberra. I do have the memories of the most excellent WW and Au Lac night instead...

And yes, I did try to call you, TPC. ANSWER YOUR PHONE.

10:07 PM  
Blogger Jackie said...

This is me GRINNING :-) to see this fine archival record of a Very Significant Occasion. And I agree with K-Po - you do 30 proud.

1:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home